I met with Lewis Brouchard, chief of the Contra Costa Fire Department, on June 21st to touch bases before the fire season. Chief Brouchard has been an invaluable supporter of Wildcat Watch and has provided us with the direct line to fire dispatch. The main take-aways from our meeting:
1. AlertWILDFIRE is undergoing a split between U. Nevada and UC San Diego. Details are murky but I presume this has occured primarily to better support the huge number of cameras that are now in the field. Chief Brouchard is hopeful it will not impact the local cameras.
2. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Chief Brouchard asked that if we do spot a fire, we first check PulsePoint to see if the fire has already been reported. If it has then we should NOT contact fire dispatch as it is a distraction that they do not need in the initial phases of their response. I have updated our processes and the training slides accordingly.
Cort Cooper
Comments
Post a Comment